Here’s one that really lights up the room! Red and gold Peppadews® stuffed with cream cheese are easy to make and the sweet piquante peppers add zing.
Keep these ingredients on hand and put a tray out and watch who shows up!
Easy Stuffed Peppadews®
- Cream cheese, softened with a little milk
- Bruchetta seasoning or mixed herbs of your choice
Mix cream cheese with seasoning and pipe or spoon into peppadews.
Keep the ingredients on hand for a quick and easy appetizer. You can substitute another soft cheese like goat cheese or cream cheese, depending on your taste and what you have on hand. In winter, use pecans. These morsels of good will get big YUMS and an A+ in Hospitality.
Jam and Cheese Appetizers
- Filo dough shells (These are mini shells about 2 inches in diameter and can be found in your grocer’s freezer, usually one dozen to a pack.)
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese (do not remove the rind)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
Thaw filo cups for about ten minutes, and place on baking sheet.
Toast almonds by spreading them in an ungreased pan. Bake in a preheated 350⁰ oven for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown. Set aside.
Cut Brie into one-inch chunks and place one chunk into each filo shell. Do not remove the rind from the Brie as it gives the warm cheese a pungent flavor.
Top the cheese with a teaspoon of apricot jam, then top with slivered, toasted, almonds.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰ or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
[Photo by Cindy Dyer.]