Cool summer sips are perfect for relaxing — whether it’s herbal iced tea, freshly-squeezed lemonade or something more potent.
Mix up some Jalapeño Margaritas and invite some friends over. Add some chips, salsa and sour cream to munch on and you have yourself a G.T. (Get Together).
Chilled Jalapeño Margarita
- Kosher salt, for rim
- 1/4 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped, or to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (reserve 1 wedge or slice for garnish)
- Ice, for serving
- 3 ounces sour mix, available in grocery stores
- 2 ounces tequila, or to taste
- Chill margarita glass.
- Pour some salt out onto a flat plate.
- Rub 1 lime wedge around rim of glass. Dip rim in salt and set aside.
- Place jalapeño and 2 lime wedges (or 1/2 lime) in a cocktail shaker. Muddle until slightly mashed. Add ice, sour mix and tequila. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into chilled glass, garnish with lime wedge or slice and serve cold.