This cheesecake is extra creamy, much different than a New York-style cheesecake. I wanted something different than the traditional graham cracker crust so I chose vanilla cream cookies. A unique crust and a topping of fresh nectarines gives it a unique tang.
Creamy Cheesecake with Nectarines
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla cream cookies (Golden Oreos or Vienna Fingers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese (do not use low-fat), room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely
- 5 nectarines, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 heaping tablespoon of apricot Polaner All-Fruit, high fiber.
Crust: Grind cookies into a medium-crumb consistency in a food processor (similar to graham cracker crumbs). Mix crumbs with melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into a nine-inch ungreased spring form pan.
Filling: Beat together cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in butter, vanilla and lemon rind.
Topping: Put nectarines and apricot All-Fruit in food processor and coarsely chop to spreadable consistency.
Preheat oven to 450⁰. Put creamy mixture into spring form pan. Bake 15-20 minutes until slightly browned around edges. Refrigerate overnight, at least for 12 hours.
When ready to serve, remove sides of the pan and top with nectarine topping. Garnish with a few slices of nectarine and mint.
Can also use fresh apricots when in season.
This recipe is part of the menu for A Wintertime Dessert Party in the new issue of Celebrate Home Magazine. Find out what wine pairs well with the cheesecake and other yummy desserts. Download the magazine for free here.
Photo by Cindy Dyer.